[thechat] Motorcycle Diaries [was:San Jose Mercury News]

Tara Cleveland evolt at taracleveland.com
Tue Sep 21 10:08:03 CDT 2004

On 20-Sep-04, at 9:22 AM, Martin Burns wrote:
> Slight thread hijack: anyone seen the movie of the Motorcycle Diaries
> yet? http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0318462/

Yep. I saw it at the Toronto Film Festival last week. It was gorgeous.
And interesting. I admit that I don't know that much about Che and I
thought the movie might tell me a bit more. But it was not an
*obviously* political film. It wasn't directly about revolution or
politics. It was about two guys traveling through South America. The
idea is that it shows some of Che's motivation for becoming a
revolutionary and some of his experiences as a youth that inspired his
politics.

/me goes to check out the IMDB reviews...

Yah. They pretty much covered it.

I'd have to add that I don't think I really learned that much about Che
in Motorcycle Diaries - at least not as the history books would tell
it. It made me want to find out more about him but even more strongly
made me want to visit South America (again) 'cause it looks so
beautiful!

Go see it if you get a chance.

Tara

--