[thechat] Hi, sorry I'm late. Had stuff to do, y'know

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Fri Sep 24 13:10:12 CDT 2004

Hey Dex!

On Sep 24, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Scott Dexter wrote:

> I'm now in Richmond, Virginia,
> a scant 1.5 hrs south of Washington D.C.. Left the job of seven
> years, left the home of eight --Dallas.

Which is funny, since we are opening a data center there (Dallas), and
I wanted to ask you if you knew any techs who were looking for a new
gig with a cool company.

> Chose to follow the
> girlfriend as she moved for her dream job,
> http://www.longwood.edu/staff/bucherts ...

Very cool! Richmond is nice. My Parents live in the Northern Neck
(Chesapeake Bay) and my brother and sister, along with their spouses,
live in the DC area, so I get over there from time to time.

> so um yeah, that blog. Fired up this morning. Not tweaked out. May
> never be. I like the email->publish part, that makes it too easy :)
>
> http://superdex.blogspot.com/

Wow. Sounds like you got a job with some old school company.
Keep posting!

Sorry, even though I used to live in VA, I have no idea of what a
'hokie' is.

Have fun in VA! It's a nice place to live.

bob