[thechat] SpaceShipOne Does it Again

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 17:04:30 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, September 29, 2004  @720, Terry Fowler wrote:

>The data has to be analyzed before an official
>ruling is granted, but it looks good. There was an
>unexpected roll shortly before reaching the target
>altitude

'Unexpected' doesn't do it justice. To illustrate here is the transcript
from #evolt while neuro and myself were watching the NASA TV feed:

	<neuro|laptop>	uh-oh???
	<garrettc>	rolling
	<neuro|laptop>	shit, he's in a roll
	<garrettc>	engine shutdown
	<neuro|laptop>	and shutdown
	<neuro|laptop>	oh fuck
	<neuro|laptop>	ground says everything ok
	<garrettc>	high enough, just needs to get back down in one piece
	<neuro|laptop>	man, that looked so wrong
	<garrettc>	he's a damn good pilot
	<neuro|laptop>	shit yeah
	<neuro|laptop>	FL338!
	<neuro|laptop>	+5G!
	<neuro|laptop>	jesus, he's oscillating at mach 3
	<neuro|laptop>	dunno about anyone else but i was bricking it there :)
	<garrettc>	yeah, butterflies

Have I told you how much I *love* the internet *:)

G.