[thechat] Grape Tomatoes

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 29 18:58:33 CDT 2004

Madhu Menon wrote:

> A little old, but entertaining:
>
> http://timworstall.typepad.com/timworstall/2004/04/the_eu_and_toma.html
>
> Why you can't get grape tomatoes in Europe because the EU doesn't know
> about them and hence won't let you have them. :)

  Well, that was interesting. The stores around Raleigh have grape
and cherry tomatoes. Neither of them from the stores are all that
good compared to the cherry tomatoes I have grown at home. "Sweet
Millions" variety of cherry tomatoes must be one of the most
delightful tomato tastes I have experienced. Unfortunately, when I
grew them, you get about a million of them all at once.
  We get a package of grape tomatoes when we travel in the car.
They make a nice addition to the picnics along the way.
  Enjoy, Roger
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.