[thechat] US prez debates

Madhu Menon chef at shiokfood.com
Fri Oct 1 09:05:13 CDT 2004

At 19:01 01/10/2004, Tara Cleveland wrote:
>Did anyone see the debates last night and what did you think?

I don't like Heinz ketchup. Hell, I don't like ketchup of any kind too
much. That's what I think!

(No, I didn't see the debate. Different time zone and all that.)

>Personally, I thought Kerry wiped the floor with Bush. But, I'm definitely
>biased and I've given up trying to understand the American public's
>perspective.

My opinion: people will see their candidate of choice as having won. It's
called confirmation bias.
http://skepdic.com/confirmbias.html

>Really, I just can't fathom why so many Americans seem to like Bush so much.

CNN was talking to their European correspondent (some old dude) and he was
very condescending about it.
He said Europeans liked to look at the more complex issues but many
Americans liked the simplistic viewpoints of Bush and that's why they
supported him. (Translation: Many Americans don't want to think too much,
that's why.)

>Okay. Now you can all throw tomatoes at me for bringing up politics ;-)

Splatch!!

Can I throw eggs too? Or are you a vegan? :p

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Shiok Far-eastern Cuisine
Indiranagar, Bangalore