[thechat] World's coolest bass player? (was guitar)

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Thu Oct 14 14:26:01 CDT 2004

Ever heard Tony Levin play one of these? (you can find it on King
Crimson albums)

http://www.tonylevin.com/index.shtml
Levin is the ever-ubicuous, uber bass player, he's an oversize bald guy
who makes any bass look like an ukelele, he can tap it like no-one else
(King Crimson's Sleepless), and play smooth and penetrating (as he most
famously does in Peter Gabriel's, Don't Give Up).

Apart from being the official bass player for King Crimson and Peter
Gabriel, he's recoded as studio musician with tons of people, including
John Lennon, Carly Simon, David Bowie, Karen Carpenter,  Lou Reed, Cher,
Gary Burton, Alice Cooper, Peter Frampton, Art Gafunkel, Pink Floyd,
Buddy Rich, Neil Sedaka, Yes, Tom Waits, ... you name it... even Sesame
Street! Is that being versatile or what!
http://www.tonylevin.com/discography.html

Sound samples at the "Media" section in http://www.tonylevin.com/stuff.html

enjoy!
javier