[thechat] Bailing out...

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Oct 22 08:24:17 CDT 2004

> Ahem! ... and where is *your* 'anti-tip' Mr. Spinhead?   ;-)

Bah!

<anti-tip action="RonL_Expansion" method="any excuse for musical
rambling">
Looking for instrumental music to listen to at work? There's plenty
available for every mood.

When I'm in spastic coding mode, really on a tear, the Hellecasters are
the bomb. Or, I'll pull out a compilation disc of Traffic's long
rambling instrumentals. Chris Wood *owned* the electric sax.

Pensive, contemplative, pondering the Big Picture? If you can get it,
Shirley Kaiser's "Journey Within" is wonderful; otherwise, Chopin or
John Fields.

Looking for more ambient sounds? Tangerine Dream. IBox, discs 1 and 3
(or for something a bit, for lack of a better word, perkier, discs 2 and
4.)

To add Ron's jazz list, Checkfield - nice melodies, with a couple of
those hummable stick in your mind tunes on every album.

And just in general, any Mannheim Steamroller, but my faves are
Classical Gas (with Mason Williams) and Fresh Aire II and III.
</at>