[thechat] Bailing out...

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Fri Oct 22 08:53:35 CDT 2004

If you're using this for hosting sites you develop, why not just get a
box for yourself?

ServerBeach is very affordable - and you can do whatever you want. The
downside is that you kind of have to know how to admin your own
machine. If you know how to do that already. You have a server to
yourself - so  you can do whatever you want. You can install anything
you like, give access to anyone, do whatever  you want with DNS, run
updates, etc.. They offer Debian and Red Hat (or Windows).

Check out http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ for opinions on various
options.

There is  a connection between SB and Rackspace - where I work - one of
the founders of Rack also founded SB, so I guess I'm kind of
predisposed to like them. They serve a different market than Rackspace.

bob