[thechat] things to do while in Ireland

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 06:35:52 CDT 2004

On Thursday, October 28, 2004  @419, Martin Burns wrote:

[doh, sent this directly to martin first time!]

>While you're in the North, don't miss Armagh

Which reminds me, and I don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier
given where you're from Joel, you really should get to the Ulster
American Folk Park in Co. Tyrone. Visited it many times when I was a nipper:

"The museum tells the story of emigration from Ulster to America in the
18th & 19th centuries and provides visitors with a "living history"
experience on its outdoor site."
http://www.folkpark.com/

And while you're in that area, there's the Gortin Glen Forest Park.
http://www.forestserviceni.gov.uk/our_forests/gortin_glen/gortin_glen.htm

Absolutely stunning scenery, birthplace of my Grandad. Some great little
pubs in the village too *;)

G.