[thechat] Holiday suggestions

Helen helen at helephant.com
Sun Oct 31 19:24:27 CST 2004

If you like beaches the coasts in south east queensland (gold and
sunshine coast) are just gorgegous. The gold coast is more developed,
the sunshine coast less so (though that's really started to change in
the last 10 years).

If you have ever thought about snorkling or scuba diving I'm told that
the barrier reef up in Cairnes is an amaying experience and there's
plenty of other things to do around Cairnes as well, including the some
spectacular rainforests.

I've also enjoyed a trip down to Byron Bay which is a really laid back
kind of beachy place. It's got craft markets and long stretches of beach
and what I'm sure is the most windy lighthouse in the world. You might
have trouble getting somewhere to stay there around Christmas though.

Heh. Can you tell I'm missing the place? ;)

       Helen