[thechat] economical travel within Ireland

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Nov 22 11:24:03 CST 2004

49 days from departure, and we've realized we're going to have to
economize even more than expected (not entirely a bad thing, but cause
for rethinking some things.)

Any suggestions for the most economical method of travel around Ireland?
We'll be way southwest, on Valentia Island. Trains don't seem to come
close, buses don't seem to come closer than Caherciveen (maybe
Portmagee?)

We're not stuck on the idea of having our own car (at least, not for
EU700 for the month) and we're not averse to a good walk.

We're just looking for the best way to see as many parts of the country
as we can in our month there, without spending the entire budget on
travel.

joel