band gigs (was RE: [thechat] My baby is one year old!)

Cheryl Baringer alpine at directlink.net
Thu Dec 9 23:05:33 CST 2004

Joel D Canfield wrote:
" And I heard Jeff Beck was there, but he weren't on the show"

Well, ya see.. it was a dark and stormy night.... Jeff Beck played one tune,
"Because we've ended as lovers", it was gorgeous... but as the Texas weather
was blowing in with a fury, they cleared out the upper seats, thunderstorms
were headed our way, and JB's gig was cut short. They were tearing the stage
down around the last performers as they played. Notice that during ZZTop's
gig, the stage is absolutely bare - the banners are all gone, and their
beards are whipping in the wind. There was supposed to be a finale, with all
the performers doing a huge jam, but it just never happened.

I haven't seen the entire DVD yet, but what I have seen is all mixed up -
scenes from the Friday show and the Saturday show, afternoon to evening.You
just can't fit two days of music into two hours, no matter how compressed
the format is.  But it was truly an event I feel privileged to have
witnessed.

Cheryl
... who recently has been listening to "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs"
with a new appreciation....
... and whose son is named "Derek"... ;-)