[thechat] Annoying Geeky Calendar!

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Dec 14 10:53:36 CST 2004

Hee, hee, hee!

I'm having soooo much fun with this!    ;-)

http://www.mindwareonline.com/mwstore/findprod.cfm?&DID=1&sku=1073&sid=AA1089

It's the 2005 Mathematics Calendar. Each day is a math problem ... where the
answer is the date of the month. (e.g. September 1st ... "Number of edges on
a Mobius strip")

Lots of fun for the whole family! ... (well okay - maybe not) ... but there
are some neat arithmetic problems involving Mayan numerals [1], Babylonian
numerals, Greek, Roman, Chinese script, even Chinese rod numerals and
Egyptian fractions! Some probability theory. Some logarithms. Some graph
theory. ... a little bit of lots of stuff!

Great Fun! And a very handy addition to any office! ... I've already chased
two co-workers away with mine!!

RonL.

Sadly ... the answers are included ... that's a shame ... it would be much
more fun without them ... "Okay, I'll get back to you by the (smallest odd
prime factor of 7429)th!" ...

[1] http://www.saxakali.com/historymam2.htm