[thechat] Omigod the hatred...

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 03:54:40 CST 2005

On Mon, January 10, 2005 5:40 am, David Wagner said:
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 17:11:44 +0000, Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> And even if it were so, my point would still be valid as the comment
>> pointed to US-specific law, not international convention - "It's so
>> because US law says" rather than "because international law says"
>
> Point taken. This was an unclear argument on my part.
>
> However, I was making a pretty safe assumption that the data hosted in
> the US (on a livejournal site) would be under US copyright law --
> rather than being under Indian copyright law due to Madhu's
> citizenship. I didn't state that, but I should have.

Oooh, tricky. Particularly as the image was stored on a .cx domain - not
at all sure where the server's physically located (yes, I *am* too lazy to
check).

Indeed a problem for the jurisdiction definition... However, you'd
probably place small sums of cash on it being the Indian courts, as a
dispute between 2 Indian citizens about actions actually taking place in
India.l

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train

Wooden toys for toddlers:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95
Cute Baby Socks: