[thechat] Beervolt

Richard Livsey richard at livsey.org
Wed Jan 12 08:01:37 CST 2005

William Anderson wrote:

>Richard Livsey wrote:
>

>>[snip]
>>
>>I can't wait for this to happen. 11:00 pub closing times suck.
>>It's amazing the difference between nights out when I'm in Scotland than
>>England. Nights out there tend to start late, and are fairly relaxed as
>>there's no rush to leave the pubs to get to clubs etc.
>>

>lies - everyone wants to get into the clubs before 11 to avoid paying some
>obscene amount of an entry fee after 11 :)
>
>we might be chilled drinkers, but we're also stingy gets!

Heh yeah there is that. But if you don't want to go to a club then you
can relax and stay in the pubs till late.
Whereas here if you want to have any alcohol after 11 then you have to
go to a club. Or go home.

Drink prices in clubs are obscene too, so not exactly the place to go
for a quiet cheap drink with mates!

--
R.Livsey
www.livsey.org