[thechat] Adobe to buy Macromedia

Chris Spruck cspruck at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 18 05:20:25 CDT 2005

This just in - "Adobe to buy Macromedia".

And my own cranky sub-headline - "Web reaches previously unfathomable level of suck".

I can see it now - sites everywhere will be blind-linking to 100 meg PDFs chock full of embedded crap-Flash. Can you tell I've had nothing but problems with both? I'm definitely not a fan.

Still subject to regulatory and shareholder approval, but:
http://macromedia.com/macromedia/proom/pr/2005/adobe_macromedia.html

<thechat_tip>
Altoid tins (http://altoids.com/) make great multi-purpose containers. Corral that loose change in the car. Bury an extra house key in your yard. Throw a few allen wrenches and a small screwdriver into one for a cycling toolkit. Or band-aids and tape for a backpacking first-aid kit. Let the kids trap bugs!
</thechat_tip>