[thechat] Garlic bread in a microwave

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Mon Apr 18 09:04:28 CDT 2005

Madhu Menon asked about:

>>Has anyone here made nice garlic bread in a microwave oven?

Hi Madhu,

Sorry - I don't think it's gonna work.

I've 're-warmed' garlic bread (that had previously been baked) in
a microwave ... but I haven't *made* garlic bread in a microwave.

My guess is that you won't be able to replicate that 'crunchy crust'
that some of us expect in our garlic bread ... in a microwave oven.

Jonathon's idea of using those faux-foil lined cardboard containers
is a pretty good one and might be the closest you can come to getting
a crisper, browner crust ... but I think the dough used in those
'Hot Pockets' things is different than regular bread dough.

I think you'd get a more 'traditional' garlic bread presentation baking
these ahead of time and keeping them in a warming drawer than trying to
'cook' these in a microwave.

Good Luck!

RonL.
(Who pretty much knows nothing about cooking or baking ... but does like

his garlic bread!)