[thechat] Bailey's Irish Cream

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 6 16:59:23 CDT 2005

Madhu Menon wrote:

> I was having a discussion about Bailey's with someone. He says that
> Bailey's has chocolate as one of the ingredients, and indeed some pages
> on the Web do mention cream, sugar, chocolate, and eggs (?)
>
> The Bailey's site, however, merely says it's cream blended with Irish
> whisky.
>
> So what's the truth? Any of you know?

I don't know the truth, but one cookbook lists a fake
Bailey's that sounds plausible. I'm no expert, but I
know the person who submitted this to our company
cookbook back in the 1980's and she would know.

1 3/4 cup Irish Whiskey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whipping or light cream
2 tsp instant coffee
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 14-oz can Eagle Brand milk
   (I think evaporated canned milk, probably is sweet)
4 eggs
2 tbsp chocolate flavored syrup

In blender, combine all ingredients other than whiskey;
blend until smooth (mix everything except whiskey;
then dump in a bowl and stir in whiskey because blender
will not hold it all).
Store tightly covered in refrigerator up to 1 month. Stir
before serving. Return leftovers to refrigerator.

I have not tried it and YMMV. It might be fun to play
around until it came out right. Enjoy, Roger
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.