[thechat] Music to Boat To?

M Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Thu Aug 4 18:16:55 CDT 2005

Capt/n Rrrrron besmirched:

> (Sez Ron - who still hasn't forgotten his threat so send
> an old 6502 machine your way some time! So there! Pfttth!)

Oh $deity, please don't! Wifey's been on a big "throw things away binge".
She keeps saying completely ridiculous things like:
"Do you *really* need 5 guitars, 6 amps, 4 keyboards, 12 chess sets, a
reel-to-reel, 2000 records, 4 boxes of comics, every video game console
ever, 8 computers, 2 pianos and enough HO train track to circle the Earth
twice?"

I just blink and gape.
(I've found sobbing uncontrollably about "my old friends" helps too)
I think it's the two pianos that are really bugging her.
One is a, ummmm, "baby" grand.
I'll never forget the look on wifey's face.
"THAT'S A BABY GRAND????"
"uhhh, sure, uhhh, see, you just measure the top  -- no no, you don't
measure the keys too..." (mwahwahwa).
"It's just a large baby, y'know?" (all 6' of her)

>>What about "Island's in the Stream", by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers?
> Uh ... I believe thats what's known round these parts as an
> "Oh Helllllllll No!"
>
> (<shuddering /> Oh great ... Now I have flashbacks to being forced
> into that particular duet on my one [and only] karaoke outing.

Oh to be a fly on the wall, hehehe. Let's hope you never have a thorough
background check....

>>"Songs of the Humpback Whale" (might be risky).
> Hmmm ... Sounds like a variant of "The Wizard's Staff Has a Knob
> On The End"!  A very catchy folk-tune as I recall!  (Then again,
> perhaps it was merely 'infectious'?)

Hey that's a real album! A best-seller even (I think it went gold).

> "All I ask is a tall ship ... and a comely lass to sail 'er fo' me!"

So the big question -- can you fit your King Arthur table on this vessel?

nagrom