Lead Reverb? - Wuz - RE: [thechat] Music to Boat To?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Aug 8 16:09:54 CDT 2005

M Kelsey noted:

>>hehe, actually, I have a pre-leslie hammond speaker in my office,
>>has a lead-filled reverb unit it to boot.

???

Okaaaaay ... I'll bite ... What the heck is a lead-filled reverb
unit?

I remember the 'spring' reverb units. I used to have a factory
one.  Kid across the street had a home grown one in a wooden
box.  That was great fun ... you could roll a {quarter || other
large coin} down the springs get that great 'bowling alley'
sound ... and when the coin hit the end of the box it would
scare the heck out of the cat!  ;-)

Heck, luddite that I am, I still think I prefer springs to today's
fancy electronic boogers.

RonL.