Lead Reverb? - Wuz - RE: [thechat] Music to Boat To?

M Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Mon Aug 8 19:05:40 CDT 2005

>>hehe, actually, I have a pre-leslie hammond speaker in my office,
>>has a lead-filled reverb unit it to boot.

> ???
>
> Okaaaaay ... I'll bite ... What the heck is a lead-filled reverb
> unit?

Whoops, actually, they're oil-filled. Simimliar to springs, but the springs
are inside tubes filled with oil:
http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/history.htm

And, yar, I agree springs sound better than the digital thingies (for guitar
anyway).

I've also got a weirdo amp called a "Duovox" (no relation to a vox). It
actually belonged to Sal Salvadore (a plus or minus, you decide :p )

But it has two seperate inputs, each with "volume, bass, treble, reverb"
(that's it).

So, it has TWO seperate springs. It sounds *great* when you pick up an inch
and drop it on the floor.
"Whoops, sorry folks! Hey, we're going to get started now...." (hehe)

nagrom