[thechat] mp3 player recommendations

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Thu Sep 22 23:05:35 CDT 2005

On 19 Sep 2005 at 8:11, Canfield, Joel wrote:

> Finally looking for an MP3 player. Primary use would be my car, which
> has a cassette player, no CD. Sound quality, particlarly NOT SKIPPING
> WHILE I'M SLAMMING THROUGH POTHOLES but including broad frequency
> response, is important. Though I have a Linux box and a Mac, PCs are my
> primary platform.
>
> If it records voice memos, that's cool, but not required. Also, if it
> could store my entire collection of MP3s that I can't live without no
> matter where I am (22GB and growing) so I can play them on any of my
> PCs, with headphones should I ever accidentally walk somewhere, or in
> the car, that would be spiffy, but not required. Quality over quantity.
[...]

yeah, a little late...

i got the Dell DJ30... 30GB of space -- my entire CD collection (400
CDs)... paid $250... use it in the car, at home... i dig it... no
other tricks -- no voice record, no photos, no color -- but none of
those interest me...

with the Red Chair software, you can get your music back off it, or
stream audio to your PC MP3 player... the software also has a real
nice search...