[thechat] Rita...

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Wed Sep 28 13:33:41 CDT 2005

Hey Ron, glad to hear you're allright, you had great luck making the
trip fine and getting gas.

My experience with natural disasters mostly related to quakes, Chile is
a land of earthquakes... a big one hits the country aproximately every
ten years, but we have minor ones all the time. Regarding psychological
effects, I had a very curious experience when I was in Maine: after
about three months without any tremors, I started missing them. on one
hand it's a subconscious fear that no minor shakes in a long time make
it seem like a large one is building up. on the other hand, you sort of
miss feeling that sheer energy of the earth, it connects you with it...
somewhat like riding a wave.

BTW: Yes I'm back in my country http://www.flickr.com/photos/mantruc/

cheers
javier