[thechat] VCR recommendations

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Oct 31 12:23:36 CST 2005

Looking for recs for a new VCR. Finally have a few bucks to replace the
$5 garage sale special we've been limping along on. I'm partial to JVC,
but couldn't really give you a reason other than the performance of past
JVC toys. All previous VCRs were chosen based almost entirely on price
by Someone I No Longer Report To, so I've got a clear field for a
change.

I'm not fussy about bells and whistles; I am incredibly fussy about
picture and sound. No stereo TV at the mo, but it's coming up on the
list.

I'm in the US (for now ;) so it'd be NTSC reg'lar old US type TV stuff.