[thechat] laptops for linux

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 17:42:39 CST 2005

On 8 Nov 2005, at 21:15, Stephane Deschamps wrote:

> <quote who='Martin Burns' when='08/11/2005 20:20'>
>> xandros has nvidia drivers
>>
>> iirc, the OS version too.
>>
>> Mind you, having had the displeasure of owning a vaio before, I'm not
>> sure I'd do it again.
>
> Darn, and me who thought it was a wonderful little and light laptop.

Oh, lovely to look at and hold, to be sure. But Sony batteries suck
arse (in every product I've ever owned, they very quickly go to the
state of incorrectly reporting that they contain no charge), and my
physical power connector broke. So I have a paperweight.

Cheers
Martin

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
Sell Cloth Nappies from your website: