[thechat] laptops for linux

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Nov 9 05:30:37 CST 2005

Stephane Deschamps wrote:
> [ubuntu snippage]
>
> ... although I could not install any ubuntu, knoppix, etc, on my vaio
> VGN-S3HP, for nvidia reasons.
>
> So, about the original question: I'm not sure I'd advise a vaio for a linux.

fwiw, ubuntu hoary 5.04 installed just fine on my old Vaio Z600-LEK
which I sold on ebay a few weeks ago.  Then again, that's an old PIII
cruftything which won't compare to whatever Centrino goodness they're
chucking in Vaio kit these days :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has