[thechat] laptops for linux

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Nov 9 05:32:03 CST 2005

Martin Burns wrote:
> [vaio snippage]
>
> Oh, lovely to look at and hold, to be sure. But Sony batteries suck
> arse (in every product I've ever owned, they very quickly go to the
> state of incorrectly reporting that they contain no charge), and my
> physical power connector broke. So I have a paperweight.

Interesting.  IIRC you had the Z600-LEK just like me, but my PSU was
rather sturdily built, and my battery has lasted well from purchase in
May 2001 to sale in October 2005.  Clearly YMMV.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has