[thechat] laptops for linux

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 07:37:39 CST 2005

On 14 Nov 2005, at 13:29, Stephane Deschamps wrote:

>> Well, the ones in my IBM[1] X31 are 2 years old and still give me > 5
>> hours useful life, so can't complain.
>
> 5??
>
> And me who thought 2.5 was quite nice when you want to watch a DVD
> on a
> train.
>
> Five? FIVE!!

To be fair, that is 2 batteries from full charge, and using all the
powersaving functions (dim screen & slow CPU speed, no optical drives
connected, low HDD usage with 3 min shutdown). Still, 5hrs is still
an average - I *have* got over 7...

Kinda useful for taking notes in all day client meetings.

Cheers
Martin

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
Sell Cloth Nappies from your website: