[thechat] laptops for linux

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Nov 14 14:01:10 CST 2005

Stephane Deschamps wrote:
> [snip]
>
> And me who thought 2.5 was quite nice when you want to watch a DVD on a
> train.
>
> Five? FIVE!!
>
> /me runs around waving his arms and yelling

/me routinely gets ~ 5 hours on my work latitude d505 with the usual
batt saving reductions (speedstep throttling the cpu way the hell down,
min brightness, etc), and a good 2-3 hours on wireless if not completely
whoring the connection with lots of downloads.

I get about 2-3 hours on my latitude x300, but that's with the bog
standard battery.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has