[thechat] european airline-agnostic flight booking site

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Nov 17 12:27:06 CST 2005

John Handelaar wrote:

> There appear to be *no* budget airlines covering Paris-Rome routes.
> Your cheapest option by far is a 14-hour rail trip from Paris Gare
> de Lyon --> Roma Tiburtina for €146.20, one-way.  Suck.

Ryanair flys from Paris to Rome. Their fares are all over the place from
0.01 euros to 200 euros depending on when you fly. It seems like if you
are willing to fly tuesday/wednesday/thursday mornings you can often get
the 0.01 euro price (plus tax of course). I flew on that airline from
Dublin to London and London to Maastricht. Decent if completely basic
service. The only complaint I had is that their carry on size was
smaller than the Continental flight I took over. So I ended up having to
check a second bag for the Dublin to London flight, which they charged
me an additional $40 for or something. Besides that, decent airline.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/

Judah