[thechat] online address book/calendar

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Dec 7 14:31:24 CST 2005

I work on a bunch of different computers in different locations most
every day. Windows, Linux, Mac, etc. Some of them are mine, some of them
are other peoples. I've dealt with my email issue by setting up imap and
using a combination of thunderbird and webmail.

I don't know what to do about contact management and calendaring though.
I just signed up for Remember the Milk which looks like it will be a
very nice todo list. But I want to have a centralized calendar and
contact management setup too. At some point I'll get a linux box set up
as a server and install Horde, which will take care of a lot of the
issue. But for now my email is hosted on a Win2k server. So I'm looking
for something that either I use as a service (like Remember the Milk) or
I can install on a Win2K server. Ideally I could synchronize it with
other pim setups (like thunderbirds address book) so I have it available
offline, but that is not as important. iCal support would be nifty too.

Any thoughts?

Judah