[thechat] Charcuterie was: Grey Squirrel Cull in UK

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 11:50:01 CST 2006

On Tue, January 24, 2006 4:30 pm, Bob Davis said:

> I waste very little venison. I remember what had to happen to get it
> to my table.

It *used* to be said that the only piece of pig that didn't make it to the table was the
oink. The whole charcuterie industry grew up on this philosphy: don't waste it.

Hence black pudding, haggis, sausages of all sorts etc. And even when made from
*interesting* body parts, I'll wager they were better tasting & healthier than the
cocktail of sawdust, chemicals and other fillers that passes for an average sausage
these days.

Now, which evolter can I think of who makes his own sausages..?

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train

Wooden toys for toddlers: http://www.purpur.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95
Cute Baby Socks: http://www.purpur.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=85_96