[thechat] Grey Squirrel Cull in UK

Tara Cleveland evolt at taracleveland.com
Wed Jan 25 13:25:51 CST 2006

Hey Evolters,

On 24-Jan-06, at 7:20 PM, Roger Austin wrote:

> I would post the methods for cleaning, but the chat may
> not be the best place. Be sure to pick out the lead if you use a
> shotgun.

The earlier editions of the Joy of Cooking have directions on how to
clean and cook squirrel, possum, and a bunch of other little critters
- if you can get your hands on one. Makes for some interesting
reading for us non-hunting, vegetarian, lefty, tree-hugger, bunny-
loving, city-folk. :-)

I, on the other hand, *hate* squirrels so I'm truly enjoying this
conversation.

I wonder if black squirrels taste any different than grey
squirrels... Anyone know?

Cheers,
Tara