[thechat] Grey Squirrel Cull in UK

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Jan 25 14:51:16 CST 2006

Joel Canfield noted:

>>*I've* never tasted squirrel

Me either.  While I understand that a good cook can
make *anything* taste good ... it's also true that
ya *are* whatcha eat ... and some of us on this list
are 'squirrely' enough as it is!   ;-)

>>I'm pretty sure I couldn't hit a holstein sleeping in
>>the field, let alone one o' them microscopic flashes.

Not much of a trick to it ... you just need to be patient
enough to wait until they stand still for a bit.
[But don't use anything less than a .22 - you'll only
make them angry. Yeah - that is from experience.]

>>the definition of 'squeamish' just says 'see "Joel")
It may also say "see anyone the first time they hear
the sound made by a wounded rabbit".  It's comes as
quite a shock.

RonL.

(Who comes from a family that did quite a bit of hunting
and used to be quite a good shot with a number of different
rifles.)