[thechat] recording my FAWM tunes (was RE: infotourist (was pease porridge hot))

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Feb 6 08:37:34 CST 2006

> At the risk of distracting you from the task at hand, how are you
> recording the songs?

plugging straight into the sound card on my pc (1/4 to mini adapter;
don't even have a midi cable for the keyboard), using audacity. (can you
say 'lo-fi' ?)

I realized pretty much as soon as i decided to record them that there
was no hope of doing anything that sounded professional, so these are
pretty much scratch demoes so I can remember how the melodies go ;)
Fortunately I know a guy in Placerville who owns a studio, and I have a
band that seems to follow me like sheep, so i may actually record 'em
for real.

Four written, now; need to choose a key for the long meandering talking
blues, and find a suitable substitute for uillean pipes to solo on the
Enya-esque transition into it.