[thechat] if I was really evil I would start a phone companyandrevel in being a monopoly

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 10:55:22 CST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:13:30 +0000, Ian Anderson <ian at zstudio.co.uk> wrote:

> I do sympathise with your telecoms nightmare. In the Middle East and
> developing countries they often have right-wing totalitarian regimes; in
> the UK, we have this too (hi Tony) but we also have NTL. The government
> is in charge of taxation and removing civil liberties, while NTL and its
> fellow faceless corporates are in charge of sucking every last shred of
> happiness and decency out of the land. If they can't get you into one of
> their call centres to dehumanise you, the next best thing is to sell you
> their phone and internet services.

Much as it appears that trying to making you suicidal is a policy objective of contact centre operators (particularly in NTL's case), that's not actually the case.

In any case, you'd be *amazed* what a semi-decent Knowledgebase will do for contact centre Average Hold Time stats...

> Seriously, I start to whimper if I have to even think of calling these
> dreadful companies. Nice fast broadband, though...

You know about the NTL/Telewest merger, right?

Choice? We've heard of it...

Cheers
Martin
(Sending via RoundCube webmail beta, for a laugh)