[thechat] copyright on MySpace

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 03:40:20 CST 2006

Canfield, Joel wrote:
> I'm probably naive and paranoid, but does this paragraph really mean "if
> you post it here, we can use it free forever" ?

By my reading, not if you remove it from their servers, according to the
line that says, "This license will terminate at the time you remove such
Content from the Services."

(Now, when I sold articles to UK magazines, I had to sign a licence that
really /did/ give them rights to use my material anywhere in the world,
in any form, for perpetuity, without further payment.)

It does sound an extraordinarily broad range of arses they're covering,
though - what's the thing about sublicensees all about?

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net