[thechat] Moggies in the Mist was: Longish reply -- RE: Calling Houstonians (isthataword:))

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Apr 8 02:25:57 CDT 2006

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:59:54 -0500, Elfur's field reporter checked in with this early exclusive:

> "Day broke.  I huddled in the quiet stillness, waiting.  Heart beating
> rapidly in
> anticipation.  At last I saw it!  Most impressive ... These 'Moggies in
> the Mist'."
>
> Perhaps it's my mispent youth but when I think 'Moggie' I think of
> vehicles more conducive
> to driving with a pair of stringback Jimmy Clark's.  <shrug />

Dunno about that - when I hear 'Moggie' in the context of motor
vehicles, I think of my 1st car:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinb/78682303/

Shh! It's only a model!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinb/78521348/

Cheers
Martin
--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.9% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam