[thechat] Mog Fog Agog!

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Apr 10 13:46:08 CDT 2006

Hi Gang!

We are the Mog.
Resistance is futile!

Here are the Mog shots.

Let me start with the excuses:
 - These are pretty much all 'grab' shots.  Time, space, and dilithium
crystal
constraints put a damper on my excessive artistic composition
tendencies. [I had
to be back for a 1pm staff meeting.]  <shrug />
 - The gig fell on one of the very few 'crummy sky' days we get in
Houston.
 - The shots were taken roughly noon-ish - which is the absolute worst
time of the
day for outdoor photography.  [Several competitive photographers have
told me "Put
down the camera and take a siesta between 10am and 2pm."  The concept
there being
that you want that early morning / late afternoon low angle sun to
provide 'dramatic'
lighting. Midday overhead light is just too 'harsh' for decent shots.]
 - The Mog got in my eyes.
 - My good camera was at the cleaners.
 - I was up all night with a sick friend.
 - Traffic was terrible.
 - I got a flat.
 - I lost the number.
 - ...

Warning.  All the still shots are about half a meg in size.  I ran all
of the stills
through the 'colour auto-correction' utility in Fireworks 3 and turned
each 90 degrees
clockwise or anti-clockwise, as needed, to get them all oriented
properly.

I did not want to crop or downsize any of the pictures in case Elfur's
brother wanted
to zoom in on some important detail that I didn't realize was important.
These should
be large enough to let him do that.

These three might be generic enough to be of general interest, and give
a bit of a
sense of scale of the Mog:

http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Honda_Scale_2.jpg
[What's up with the 'Danger Will Robinson!' light on the top of the
cab?]

http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Airstream_Scale.jpg
[Towing the Airstream behind the Mog - now *that's* the ticket!]

http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Camper_Door.jpg
[If the top of the tire over the cab is 12' up, then the padlock on the
passenger
door is roughly eye level for me - so no pix trying to shoot in through
the camper
windows.]

The rest of these may only be of interest to Elfur's brother.  The goal
here
being to take a bunch of shots from different angles to try to cover any

portion of the Mog that might possibly be of interest to a potential
buyer:
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Boat.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/D_Door.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Driver.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Front_Scale.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Honda_Scale.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/J_Cans.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Mog1_Scale.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Mog_Front.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Mog_P_Door.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Mog_P_Side.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/P_Emblem.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/P_Padlock.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/P_Rear_T__Exhst.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/P_Side.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Rear_Plate.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/The_Tunnel.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Tire.jpg

I'm pretty sure the above contains at least one shot of each of the
tires so
he can see the wear.  (The tread is worn in a number of places, but I
don't
remember seeing any of the 'age' / 'sun rot' lines on the tires.)

Some 'upskirt' kinda shots of the Mog to show Elfur's brother the
underside
of the beast:
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Under_Crap.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Under_Exst.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Under_From_D_Rear.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Under_Junk.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Under_Mo_Junk.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Under_Stuff.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Under_Things.jpg
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Under_Widget.jpg

Dirt and corrosion levels seem consistent with expectations based on
mileage. Some
wires and cables not looking to be hooked up to anything.  More
padlocks. Probably
'par for the course' for this kind of critter.

I *really* wanted to bring the guy in the office next to mine to help me
with
this, but he had to stay in the office and 'vulture' his eBay bid on a
scale
model of the starship Enterprise.  I can't really fault him for that,
but I
really could have used a backup for the audio: [9+ Mb]
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Mog1.mov
[Yes, he won. Hope to see it in the office in a few weeks.]

Pretty much useless video (I managed to fake out the meter and
_completely_
overexpose this one.)  Not worth the 6.5Mb download:
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Mog/Mog2.mov

That's it!  All the Mog from the bog in the fog!

HTH,

RonL.

[Problem with idiot teenagers?  Give them a skateboard and direct them
to the
nearest THREE-quarter pipe!  "Cowabunga-Aaaaaaaa-[thud]!"  Problem
solved!]