[thechat] House vs. Spike

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 11 20:14:22 CDT 2006

Since I've been off work I've started watching "House". When I told my
wife that Hugh Laurie is a Brit she didn't believe me. (She later saw
an interview with him and now believes). As I've watched several
episodes of the show I have not caught one telltale speech nuance that
would give Hugh away as anything but an American guy.

After several years of Buffy we got the first season on DVD (at a
discount some time after it came out) and were blown away by the
commentary by James Marsters, who turned out to be an American guy. I'm

wondering if he did as good a job on his dialect as Hugh Laurie is
doing.

Terry

PS - I've also wondered if the guy playing young Dr. Chase is American
pretending to be an Aussie. Alas, it would have been funny but imdb.com
shows him being born in Melbourne.