[thechat] House vs. Spike

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Apr 22 07:58:49 CDT 2006

Ian Anderson wrote:
> Drew Shiel wrote:
>
>>> (And I don't see House anymore because I moved to Ireland
>>> and we only have 4 channels, and one of those is in Irish.
>>> But I digress.)

John, buy some Sky.  Really.  Get a box and dish off eBay, even!

> A thing I hate is when you fall asleep during a late night movie and
> when you wake up you think you're either mad or drunk, but it's really a
> program in Welsh.
>
> And then you wake up a little more and you realise you only thought it
> was in Welsh, and you really are drunk.
>
> Does anyone else get that?

Nope, but waking up to a programme in Gaelic scares the living shit out
of me for at least 5-10 seconds.  "What are they saying, why are they
saying it, what's going on, why can't I understand them, HAVE I FINALLY
LOST MY MIND?!?! ... Oh, it's in Gaelic.  All the other channels nearby
are still broadcasting in English.  Phew."

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the