[thechat] House vs. Spike

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 18:26:48 CDT 2006

--- William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:

> Muha-ha-ha-haaaaaa ... err, can you leave the Liquid Rooms alone?
> And Maplins?  Ooh, and Papa John's:>

Well if that don't beat all. You have Papa John's in Glasgow at the
Broomhill Shopping Centre. There is a Papa John's in Twentynine Palms,
CA, where I grew up. Current population about 15,000. I currently live
in Hesperia, CA, which is one of three contiguous towns: Hesperia,
Apple
Valley, and Victorville. Population about 225,000. We do NOT have a
Papa John's Pizza. Harrumph! And I say again, Harrumph!

We do have:

Pizza Hut
Domino's
Chuck E. Cheese
Little Caesar
Red Baron
Quite a  few non-franchise places

One more time:  HARRUMPH! Hmm, a bit more googling shows that you can
find Papa John's in Dublin and (soon it looks like) in Galway. Grrr,
Galway's population is a lot less than 225,000. I guess they're going
for American tourists who're tired of potatoes and soda bread.*

Terry

* I toured Ireland in 1974 and LOVED the food, and I hear it's only
  gotten better.