[thechat] More Big Truck Stuff!

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Thu May 4 14:38:58 CDT 2006

|:.From: Luther, Ron
|:.
|:.(Who still hasn't quite figured out this 'black deat' thing
|:.... nearest I could find
|:.was a whisper of a link claiming that distilled liquor was
|:.invented by alchemists
|:.as a cure for the black death and, for reasons unexplained,
|:.became suprisingly popular.)

Black Death = Brennivín :)

http://vefbud.vinbud.is//isroot/vinbud/ImagesOnline/ProductImages/g20h/00829
.jpg

(I strongly suggest you read the first link first :))
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/travel/iceland-holland-2000/brenniv
in.html
http://www.brennivin.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenniv%C3%ADn

it became popular because it was cheap to produce and a lot cheaper than
anything else. In Iceland the wholesalers always did take a *huge* portion
of the price of anything, thus becoming the money people in Iceland for the
longest time. So Brennivin was the drink of the common people.

<useless information>
A bottle of such delicatesse can be found in the hands of Michael Madsen in
Kill Bill Vol. 1
</useless information>

cheers
Elfur