[thechat] external HD recs

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Fri Jul 7 12:44:29 CDT 2006

I need an external HD for the constant shuffling of data from work
machine to home machine to laptop (which only has an 8BG drive anyway)

I find USB externals in the 200-300GB range for about .45 USD per GB.

Anyone aware of any screaming deals I've missed? Anyone got a used one
they'd like to part with cheaper than that? I'd really like 100GB+

transfer speed is virtually a non-issue; I'm looking for cheap bigness,
not performance.

thankies

joel