[thechat] War Zone

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Jul 17 08:22:01 CDT 2006

Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
> [snip]
>
> But I still can't escape the thought that the Isreali government is to blame
> for this one.
> Their reaction on the Gaza strip was far beyond anything normal given the
> circumstances.

I think this is one of these situations where blame is hard to apportion
firmly in one direction - the tension in the Middle East is hardly new, and
for every event instigated by one country, a catalyst by another can likely
be traced as a cause.  This is a loooooooong conflict, and while I think the
current escalation may end soon, there's really no end in sight to the whole
thing.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the