[thechat] 3 months. 13 weeks. 91 days. far too many hours, minutes, and seconds

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Jul 17 12:00:05 CDT 2006

> wow, hope all ends well for you both.

I no longer consider any other option :) Thanks. Believe me, when I
really know she's officially out of the woods, you won't need email to
hear me.

what is it about bad
> things happening
> to good people? :(

well, my universe-view includes certain uncommon Judeo-Christian
perceptions which make it, to me, comprehensible, and therefore,
survivable. (and not the usual "you can't appreciate the good unless
you've experienced the bad", which I find incomprehensible (which I hope
isn't too terribly troll-ish))

I'm learning how to use nested parenthetical phrases. They may replace
the semicolon as my most overused and possibly erroneous punctuation.

I've discovered that bizarre things happen in your head when you're
under long-term stress. I suddenly realize sometimes that I've been
sitting, staring blankly at my computer, while my brain has been working
out possible alternate fingerings for the complicated bass run in
"Superstition." Does it matter if you play the high G on the fifth fret
of the D string instead of the G string open? Should the D to E be a
slide or a hammer-on? What if I -- regression testing. Yeah, that's what
I'm looking at; Rational Robot is throwing an error in my test scripts.

Even with the meds, the blank periods at night are more unconsciousness
than sleep.