[thechat] np?

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 21:03:38 CDT 2006

--- "Luther, Ron" <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:

> Soooooo ... whatcha'll listin' to?

Well, I haven't installed last.fm so I'm a bit behind the times.
I tried "Listen Now" and listened to silence for a while. Not that
silence is necessarily a bad thing but when you're in a music thread
it doesn't really help much now does it?

So here's what I've been listening to over the last hour or so on
pandora.com*:

All God's Angels        Kate Rusby
Ballyogan               Lunasa
Cuckoo's Nest           Nickel Creek
The Kinegad Slashers	Danu
Silent Sigh             Badly Drawn Boy
By the Rivers Dark      Leonard Cohen
Banking on a Myth       Andrew Bird
I Fought in a War       Belle & Sebastian
Congratulations	        Travelling Willburys
Lull                    Andrew Bird
Lovers                  Nations by the River

I had never heard Badly Drawn Boy until about an hour ago, even though
my son has been a fan for quite some time now. A possibly interesting
aside about Andrew Bird:  back in December I took the whole family to
see Nickel Creek in Los Angeles (we're ALL big NC fans). The publicity
and tickets said nothing about a warmup act so we were surprised when
the lights went down and out came this guy with a violin and a Gibson
325 and he proceeded to blow us away for the next hour or so. We went
out to the lobby and bought his CDs after his set, even got to shake
his hand. BTW, Nickel Creek was/were awesome as well.

Playing at this  moment:  Strange Converation by Kris Dermholst.

Terry

* pandora.com says US only for now. Bummer. Anybody else used
  magnatune.com?