[thechat] hospital costs

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 14:40:54 CDT 2006

> Hmmmm ... Maybe I could start writing a Michelin guide to local
> hospitals:
> "What? No mints on my pillow?  See if I stay in _your_crummy hospital
> again!"

I had a brief stay in a private hospital recently and was amazed to find
they had a wine list, although my waiter (wearing a waist coat and bow tie
no less) couldn't recommend anything to go with stale, re-heated vegetable
lasagne.
I'm glad someone else mentioned how expensive the stay was, just over $3,000
a day! I know tests are expensive, £180 for an X-ray and £900 for an MRI
scan is what I have been billed for, but how can they justify that much
money?

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk