[thechat] Odd Ball Sports

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri Nov 17 10:05:47 CST 2006

Judah McAuley noted:

>>I'm actually a member of NWAACK...the Northwest Association of Adult
Competitive Kickball.

;-)   Schweeeet!

Oh man!  That sounds like a heck of a lot of fun!  I wanna play too!

Mmmmmm.  Mud.  Ya know, that single word comes pretty close to
answering the question 'is it a sport?'

"Mum, is there any chance of getting a wee bit muddy?"

It may not be definitive, but if the answer is 'yes' then I think
you can be pretty sure it's a sport.  And even if it ain't, its
gonna be Big Fun anyway!

(Mud - it's how a 5 yo spells 'win-win'!)

Secondly, have you ever noticed that if something is fun and even if -
Uh, I take that back - *especially* if that same something is a bit off
the beaten path, there will be someone at evolt who knows all about it
and/or is an active participant? I like that a lot!

>>I'm out drinking a beer and raking leaves and a bunch of muddy
>>20-somethings yell out at me to come play kickball, so I figure
>>why the hell not. Go quickly put on cleats and a skirt, grab a
>>six-pack from the fridge and head out to get drunk and muddy
>>along with everyone else. Great stuff.

Great stuff indeed!

>>And for the record, we don't do any wussy indoor games in the
Northwest.
>>When its 35 degrees and raining hard those rubber balls really sting.

Yeah ... and it's even tougher when you're NOT playing in July!!  ;=P

>>PBR is an excellent anesthetic though, orally or topically.

+1!

>>So come on Ron, lets get you out there in the mud and taking a big
>>swing at the ball. I bet its excellent physical therapy.

;-)

Oh maaaaan!  As if I didn't have enough temptations to visit the PNW!

I'm gonna have to find a way to get up there!  Hey, it's cost effective
too!  Have you seen the prices for mud therapy at a spa??? I could buy
a coupla cases of PBR for both teams and still save a ton of money!

A very envious RonL.

(However, being a tad older and more modest wuss,
I'd probably play in me culottes instead.)