[thechat] November means NaNoWriMo!

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Nov 28 16:52:32 CST 2006

> I'm at about 11,000 words

official count as of noon today (my own; the NaNoBot is about 1%
overgenerous) is 50,057. ignoring the 10 days I didn't write, that's an
average of 2,777 +/- per day. (Dick Francis averages, in his 41 books,
about 75,000, which seems fairly short, all in all.)

family? what family?

still 10 chapters or so from denouement, and then six to nine months
more for the final edit.

all kidding aside, achieving something I've dreamt of since childhood is
overwhelming. in a few days, I'll honestly be able to say, I wrote a
novel.

earlier this year I recorded an entire album of original music.

then, two months later, created 14 original works of art for
AprilArtMonth.org. (mostly sylized digital photog)

I'm beginning to believe my own hype: I really *can* do anything.

Please do not disabuse me of this notion, whatever evidence you may have
to the contrary :)

I love everyone. Including, for a pleasant change, me.

joel